should i learn web development or mobile development
Life on earth has been impacted completely by digitization. This has changed both personal and professional interactions as people are increasingly using the internet to meet most of their needs including connecting with friends, getting news updates, searching and purchasing goods and services.
Since, e-commerce has grown and people have developed online buying habits. This has led to increased demands for web and mobile app development services. Affordable smartphones have introduced people to doing a lot of things on the go. A mobile-device-friendly website allows people to connect with your business, and a mobile application gives an even more convenient way to search for products or services or buy online.
Both mobile applications and websites play a crucial role in the marketing strategy of a business. Confused about whether you should go for a mobile app development or a website development? Most newbies are and for good reason. When it comes to choosing a career between mobile development and web development, most people get confused because they don’t understand the difference. Mobile and web development are two totally different careers and require different skills and capabilities. You need to know the specifications, market, demand and trends specifications, level of difficulty, career scope, versatility, technical analysis, salaries, latest trends and future of mobile and web development careers as they differ for both. Frameworks and tools for mobile app and web development are also very different.
Before making a choice about the career, here are some of the major factors that can help you to make a better selection of career of whether mobile or web development is best for you.
Mobile Vs Web Development
The Difference in Apps
Mobile apps are becoming very popular: they are actual applications downloaded and installed on a mobile device. While a website can only be rendered within a browser, mobile applications can be accessed without a browser. Hence, mobile apps are time-saving as they can also be accessed offline.
- In addition, there are much more reasons for why people prefer to use applications rather than open a browser to search or find out what they are looking for. A mobile app provides more personalized experience and is more interactive to keep people glued for hours. With a mobile complex calculation or reporting is made easy and simple thereby saving a chunk of time for businesses. Put simply, a mobile application is a good tool for businesses to strongly connect with audiences and effectively market their brands and products to the most potential prospects.
- However, web development is After you learn web development and become a wdeveloper, you will be able to sA web developerfor ing developers Deciding to take on and learn Mobile App Development hallengingthanalso a good choice for businesses looking to add to their marketing ability and an affordable means of advertising. Also, Amobile apps, web development i.e.ve completelysome popular : ASDKL ASDKMASDKWAStudio Pis easy and simple and so less expensive. Mobile development can be for the following: The different kinds of mobile developers are based on their selected platform and method of delivery for the apps they develop. Primarily, there are web app developers, native app developers and cross-platform/hybrid developers.
Native Developers focus on their chosen platform, whether it be Android, iOS or Windows. and, Swift This is a highly specialized platform that takes full advantage of their own respective devices and superior performance more than web or hybrid.
Hybrid Developers are also called cross-platform developers. They create Hybrid Apps which have web app components and native components, and are available across different platforms. Frameworks such as Cordova, PhoneGap, React Native and Ionic are involved in the creation of these hybrid apps and are widely used among the hybrid app development community.A Developers create that can
Here are 5 web development trends 2020, you need to look out for this year:
- Modular design and lower development costs: Modular design allows developers to reprocess components and modules while creating a web page rather than making one using restrictive templates. However for Modular Design to work, each piece should interlock with one another without creating issues such as uneven white spaces or multilevel CSS overrides. Correctly done, this leads to faster and cheaper development but a similar end-goal product.
In the real world, modular design would look like this. Everything fits together to create a single coherent piece.
- Responsive design and mobile users: Responsive design is a must-have in 2020, those websites that are not mobile responsive are by nature poorly designed, because they don’t provide an optimal user experience. 85 percent mobile users want that a company’s mobile device website should be as good if not better than its desktop website.
- Chatbots and Customer Support: 57 percent consumers appreciate chatbots for their immediate response. By the end by 2020 it is predicted that over 85 percent customer interactions will occur with a robot at the business end. Hence, chatbots will become the number one consumer application for all AI integrations in the next five years. Also businesses can save a lot of money by employing bots (around $23 billion in the customer service sector.)
- Accelerated mobile pages and load speed: With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), Google is encouraging businesses to develop websites that load instantaneously and work smoothly on mobile devices. Google wants “web pages with rich content like video, animations, and graphics to work alongside smart ads and to load instantaneously.” Also for “the same code to work across multiple platforms and devices so that content can appear everywhere in an instant — no matter what type of phone, tablet or mobile device you’re using.” According to speed tests, AMP pages can load your website in 0.7 seconds, so switching to AMP makes sense as it leads to higher engagement and brand awareness with your website.
- Voice search optimization: By end 2020, 50% of search queries will be done with voice instead of text. Technology such as like Google Assistant from Google, Siri on iPhone, Alexa and Echo from Amazon, and Cortana on Android, are making voice search increasingly commonplace, and consumers more comfortable with using the feature in search engines everywhere.
Mobile Apps Development 2020
Staying up to date with the latest trends is a crucial aspect of success in this digital age and it makes sense to constantly research patterns to better serve their clients. The same goes for content creators and producers ready to keep their brands optimized.
- Apps for Foldable Devices: Over the last couple of years, foldable devices have begun making a comeback. 2019 saw the release of foldable devices like the Samsung Galaxy Fold, the Huawei Mate X, and the new Motorola Razr which fold to compress or expand the screen size based on user preferences. For example, a user might make a call with the device closed, but watch a video on a larger screen by unfolding the device. App developers will need to ensure that apps seamlessly adjust in display as the screen folds or unfolds.
- 5G Technology: The rollout of 5G will impact 2020 app trends. Below is the expected growth of 5G smartphone connections over the next four years.
2020 will have roughly 15 times more 5G connections than in 2019, which are then expected to quadruple. Speed and efficiency will increase as 5G is expected to provide a 10x decrease in latency, while boosting network efficiency and traffic capacity. 5G is expected to be 100 times faster than 4G, depending on the mobile network operator, and will ultimately boost the functionality of mobile apps. This will allow developers to add new app features without negating app performance.
- Development for Wearable Devices: Wearable technology has been trending upward for years in smartwatches, trackers, and fitness bands. Wearable devices are steadily moving towards their full potential. In 2020, more mobile apps are being made with wearables in mind, allowing users to download tens of thousands of apps directly to their wrists.
- E-Commerce Mobilization: Everyone wants to get the best ROIs from their mobile apps whether they are large retailers or individual content creators and personal brands, and the best is that money can easily be made digitally. Mobile ecommerce functionality is a top feature for mobile app resellers as every new app is developed keeping sales in mind. To get at par with e-Commerce giants such as Amazon, you need to replicate their planning and strategies, strong apps top of that list. By the end of 2020, more than 70% of total ecommerce sales will come from mobile devices.
- Mobile Wallets: With the upsurge in mobile commerce for app development in 2020, the way people pay using their mobile devices is evolving as well. Mobile wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are trending upward. And it is expected, there will be $13.98 billion worth of transactions by 2022. Mobile wallets is being taken into consideration for app development in 2020 and Wallet Integration may soon become a standard feature for every app that processes transactions.
With all this information in hand you are now able to make a more informed decision about which development career is for you. Whereas we want to offer and unbiased view of pros and cons in both, you can search up stats on demand, pay scale and career path development. At Appedology we would love to hear your thoughts on which would be your choice and for what reasons. Ask yourself: Are you thinking of giving mobile development a go? What are your concerns?
If you are already developing mobile or web applications there is a demand for both careers anywhere you go. Deciding which to opt for is a personal choice. At Appedology we feel confident in our team of mobile app and web developers for the very fact that we keep an eye on what’s trending and what is changing. That’s what keeps us on top as the top Digital Solutions Provider in USA.