At one point, artificial intelligence, data-driven marketing, and voice search engine optimization (VSEO) were revolutionary ideas bordering on ridicule. Nowadays, these groundbreaking digital marketing trends are among the top priorities for most company owners in 2020. Let’s start with when to start digital marketing in 2020.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing includes all marketing campaigns using a mobile device or the Internet. Businesses exploit digital platforms such as search engines, social media, email, and other websites to connect to current and prospective customers.
Types of Digital Marketing
Here is the types of digital marketing:
SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
SMM (Social Media Marketing)
Influencer / Affiliate Marketing.
How to start digital marketing?
Following are the steps to know how to start digital marketing:
Find Your Niche.
Do Competitor Research.
Launch Your Website.
Build a Portfolio.
Set a Business Model.
Have a Social Media Presence.
If your company has any hope of being competitive in today's online world, you need to adjust to the rapidly changing trends in digital marketing. We live in a time where marketing technology is moving quickly and customer preferences and actions are hard to foresee. Marketers can no longer stick their heads in the sand and hope that well-educated assumptions and the same old strategies will work forever. Look at the following trends to know when to start digital marketing in 2020.
1) Artificial IntelligenceIf you haven't already realized this, 2020 may be the year that a lot of people are waking up to the domination of artificial intelligence ( AI). It's likely to be at the center of global business and industry in the future – and it's already taking over a lot of easy jobs. AI can analyze consumer behavior and search patterns and use data from social media platforms and blog posts to help businesses understand how customers can find their products and services.
2) Programmatic AdvertisingProgrammatic advertising implies using AI to automate the purchase of ads so that you can target more targeted groups. Real-time bidding, for example, is a type of programmatic ad purchase. This automation is far more efficient and faster, which leads to higher conversions and lower customer acquisition costs.
3) ChatbotsIn 2020 Chatbots will continue to be a significant part of digital marketing. This AI-based technology uses instant messaging to communicate with your customers or site guests in real-time, day or night.
Many consumers choose to communicate with chatbots as they are available 24/7, provide timely responses, accurately remember your entire transaction history, and never lose patience. These virtual assistants provide excellent customer service by meeting customer needs and automating routine activities – which ensures that you can concentrate on more important jobs.
4) Conversational MarketingFor all the talk about chatbots, the reality of modern marketing is clear: it's more conversational. People want it that way, and so the brands respond. 82% of customers want an "immediate" answer when they have a question.
Unlike conventional campaigns, this method of marketing is now available through multiple channels, enabling brands to reach consumers on their terms: on devices, platforms, and timeframes that best serve the consumer.
5) PersonalizationIf you want to stand out in 2020, you need to tailor your marketing – and that means customized content, goods, emails, and more.
Find the following personalization statistics:
63 % of customers are very irritated by generic advertisement bursts.
80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if they offer a personalised experience.
90% say that they find personalization appealing
Digital Marketing Strategy
A digital marketing strategy is a plan that helps your company achieve clear digital goals through carefully chosen online marketing platforms such as paid, won, and proprietary media.As described above, a digital strategy is the set of actions you prepare and take to achieve the ultimate objective in digital marketing. Digital marketing strategies, on the other hand, are building blocks and activities within your plan that drive you towards a clear, digital end goal.
For example, if the ultimate aim of your digital marketing plan is to generate more leads through social media, you could be running a digital marketing campaign on Twitter. You can share some of the best-performing gated content in your business on Twitter to generate more leads via the channel.
How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy?
Build your buyer personas.
Identify your priorities and the digital marketing resources you're going to need.
Identify your priorities and the digital marketing resources you're going to need.
Assess the current digital platforms and properties.
Audit and plan your own marketing strategies.
10 Tips on How To Kickstart Your Digital Marketing
If you're looking to break into the digital marketing business, there's no better time than now. According to the study, the digital economy is triple the speed of the US economy. GDP, with employees employed in the digital economy earning an average of $114,275 a year, more than 72 percent of jobs in the country. Now, I’ll show the 10 tips on how to kickstart your digital marketing:
1) Eagerness to learn:The digital marketing field is both rapidly growing and highly competitive. It's easy for companies to distinguish between people who are eager to learn and who are on their way. This industry needs excitement and a drive to succeed.
2) Stay UpdatedYou need to stay abreast of industry news by monitoring big digital marketing platforms and influential people on social media. As big players including Google, Facebook, and Twitter constantly tweak their paid advertisement sites and algorithms, you're in for a crazy ride if you don't keep up with the latest updates.
3) NetworkingAttend industry meetings and conferences in your field to cultivate partnerships with other digital marketers and develop your expertise through in-depth workshops and presentations.
4) Personal ProjectsTest your own ideas and don't just take the views of business leaders as a scripture. It's not always black and white in the digital marketing industry with a lot of grey areas between best practice and what can really produce results for a company.
Every digital marketer should have personal projects to test hypotheses, to try out different disciplines (SEO, PPC, Social Media, Content Marketing, etc.), and to be able to take responsibility for the success or failure of the project.
5) Learn the terminologyDigital marketers need to be familiar with acronyms like PPC, SEM, and SEO. They are all very different words, with a confusion that is a simple indication that you have a beginner's skill set and need more preparation. The ability to evaluate digital marketing strategies and understand what has worked or not worked depends on the ability to understand the industry's jargon.
6) Build your personal brandDo you want a digital marketing hotshot, but you don't have a strong online presence? If you want to show the employer that you can build the reputation of their business, you need to prove that you can create your own personal brand first.
A strong online presence may potentially be a determining factor between two candidates vying for the same position.
7) T-Shaped MarketerAs a term commonly used by Rand Fishkin of Moz, it refers to having a basic understanding of multiple marketing disciplines but specializing in one or two particular skills.
It’s not uncommon for companies to find candidates with a broad digital marketing skillset to be a valuable asset as there’s a considerable cross over between the different channels. It will also make you better equipped for choosing a more specific path of focus that you can specialize in.
8) Get NerdyDigital marketing can also be considered to be very elegant, but the fact is that it is much more sophisticated and data-driven than we would have liked to acknowledge. You will not create websites from scratch, but you will communicate your marketing plan to a team of developers or designers who are responsible for implementing your suggestions.
A simple knowledge of HTML and graphic design will help to make you stand out among the less technically inclined candidates.
9) Metrics are KingDo you know the CPC of your CPA? If you want to set yourself apart in an interview, talk about the return on your ad investment on a campaign you've run yourself. It's easy to speak about an amazing artistic idea that you helped to create, but the truth remains ... money speak.
You also need to understand how and marketing channel has worked and what the main lessons have been.
10) CertificationDo you know your CPC from your CPA? If you want to set yourself apart in an interview, talk about the return on ad spends for a campaign you’ve run yourself. It’s easy to talk about an exciting creative concept you’ve helped to develop but the fact remains…money talks.
You really need to understand how each marketing channel has performed and what the key learnings have been.
How To Start And Run a Digital Marketing?
Companies spend more of their marketing budgets on digital ads than ever before, and everybody wants a piece of it. In this guide, I'm going to walk you through the five steps you need to follow if you want to create an online marketing agency from the ground up (trust me, I've been there).
1: Develop the Necessary Skills
You may be as imaginative and knowledgeable as anybody else in the market, but if you're not organized and skilled enough to deal with the various complexities of handling accounts and client relationships, you'll be looking for another very fast gig. Some may take years to develop the requisite skills, others may take less. I don't mind, I think you really need to hang on to a real job for some time before you strike out on your own.
Before you master your digital marketing skills, you need to learn what it's like to do where your clients will work. This will inevitably make you a more knowledgeable and well-rounded professional. You're not going to take it personally when your clients are stressing out and probably putting that on you.
2: Be a contractor before you become a founder
Getting a career that pays off and helps you to get brain surgery without a lifetime of debt is a privilege that all of us take for granted. Taking the plunge to work for yourself has a list of risks so lengthy that it might make for a whole blog post. What mitigates a lot of this risk is first building the base for a company before making the decision to do it on a full-time basis. I suggest doing some side work for a period of time while keeping a full-time job for a number of reasons, chief among them.
3: Build the right business model;
There are several different ways to set up a digital marketing agency. The services that you offer and how you charge for your work become a vital part of how effectively your business is handled over time. The flat retainer is the easiest of all pricing types. You determine the value of work and time for a particular client, and you all settle on a flat monthly rate.